Location: DCU Alpha, Dublin
Micro-services Software engineer is a technical leadership role responsible to operate high levels of designs to establish micro-services architectural patterns for software design and development. You will drive the cloud platform for new SaaS products.
Working closely with product manager, your responsibility also includes APIs, user interfaces, containerisation, asynchronous messaging, security, and scalability.
You will be working in a disciplined approach to software development, utilising both structured and agile practices, to assemble a set of best of breed software tools and technologies.
- Develop scalable cloud microservices.
- Understand business goals and translate those into an appropriate technical solution.
- Support project teams in the adoption of microservices and shared software assets.
- Feel comfortable to be able to get involved at a hands-on level designing and writing code.
- Diagnose functional issues and take ownership of issue resolution.
- Ensure high availability and provide application support to enable 24×7 monitoring.
- Mentor and guide junior developers in the team.
Degree in Computer Science or similar degree with 8+ years of a balanced combination of the following requirements:
- At least 6 years of experience with developing Java (preferably with spring)
- At least 2 years hands on experience with microservices architecture.
- Test-driven development is a must.
- Experienced on ApiGateWay and API Registry solutions.
- Experienced on Document based databases (Mongo or Hadoop).
- At least 5 years of experience in software development of large-scale enterprise systems, Cloud/SaaS applications using modern technologies.
- Knowledge of industry leading technologies and best practices for the design, development, build, deployment and governance of a microservices architecture.
- Hands on experience in the deployment of scalable and highly available systems. built on a micro-services architecture to on-premise and/or cloud environments.
- Be able to travel abroad.
- Be able to possess a passion for cloud-native applications and technologies.
- Be equally passionate about driving quality and performance in high volume, scale-out production level environments.
- Have a good understanding and can articulate what is required to architect, integrate and optimize what is required to build quality cloud-native infrastructure, applications and workloads.
- Love to learn and to dig into new technologies, and pick them up quickly.
- Able to take what you have learned in your performance tests and make recommendations for optimizing quality.
- Have a passion for sharing what you learned and work well within and across teams.
- Able to capture your ideas and implementations with well-written documentation.
- Have good presentation skills.
- Pension contribution.
- Health insurance.
- Life Insurance & Income protection.
- Performance related bonus.
- Flexible working conditions.